Monday, March 2, 2009

"Ruff" day...


Many of you know of my mom's dog, Sasha. Today was a hard day. We had to make a tough decision to put Sasha to sleep.... It was mostly mom's decision since Sasha has been her companion for the past 16 years.... I supported her all the way.

Sasha started out as an impulse buy from a pet store when I was 16. I moved out and Sasha stayed with my mom.

I just hope that she knows we took the best care of her that we could and I hope that she had a happy life! We sure enjoyed having her around. Watching her dig with a cast when she had a broken leg as a puppy (chasing a kitty), dancing around on her hind legs for treats and piddling on the floor when we came home.

Sasha was a great dog, a good companion for my mom over the years and she will be missed greatly.

5 comments:

Catrina said...

awww, it's so sad to put a good friend to sleep. i cried for weeks after i put my dog down. it'll get easier. i hope your mom is doing okay!

Anonymous said...

Oh Becky! That is so hard....I hope you and your mom are doing okay.

The Olson Gang said...

That is terrible... I'm so sorry! We send you hugs!!! It's been a difficult couple of months for you guys... We are so sorry!!!

XOXOXOXOXO

Peyton and Jayce said...

So Sorry and I hope your mom is doing okay! We love you guys!

Diana said...

That is so hard! They're like humans with big hearts on their sleeves. Your straight jacket post cracked me up. And your 12 year old! Fajiolita? (Is that right? Ask Tracy R.) :) He is a cute, cute kid, or teenager!!