Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas break so far...


I took my last final on December 17th, and I didn't get our poor Christmas tree up until December 18th, that's right, I didn't put up our Christmas tree until 7 days before Christmas... and it's FAKE so I can't even use the excuse that I waited so it wouldn't be dead by Christmas!



Just days after taking my last final I came down with the flu, I had to call in sick from work 2 days! (I really try hard to not call in) I spent the better part of 3 days confined to my bed, both because I didn't want to infect the rest of the house and because I COULDN'T MOVE!

Cameron missed the last day of school before break because he had a case of the 24 hour stomach flu, I quarantined him to his room and fed him gatorade and chicken noodle soup (from a can because I am still not feeling well) through a hole in his door (not really but I bet it felt that way). He was feeling better by that night and was able to eat a little dinner with us, whew!
I took the kids to the dentist for their 6 month check ups on December 21st. We had to sit in the waiting room for 2 hours! Apparently things weren't going as planned with an earlier appointment, I can appreciate that. I have 2 kids. =)

On December 23rd, feeling less than human I had to scramble to get the rest of the kids Christmas shopping done. So far they had only 1 major present each and some things that my husband picked up when I sent him grocery shopping at Walmart (chaos the week of Christmas, don't go there unless absolutely necessary), poor guy, he was such a trooper about taking care of me, the kids, and the dogs and then I sent him shopping.

Christmas eve went off without a hitch, the usual, this was the first year Casey was totally aware about this magical person name Santa that comes to your house and leaves you presents (because I had been using it as a means of making her behave for weeks hehe). We were having a difficult time convincing her to go to bed so we called Chad's cousin and had him play Santa on the phone to try to talk her into going to bed. It worked, kinda. I was able to get her into bed where she stared at her door until 11:30! I had to play the mean mom card and turn out all the night lights (I made her cry).

Finally asleep by midnight. Now time to wrap presents (because of course I don't have anything wrapped at this point). Presents wrapped and placed under the tree, time for Mr. and Mrs. Clause to get some sleep.... 3 AM comes around and we are awakend to the sounds of Casey crying, stainding in a puddle of vomit. She has the stomache flu on Christmas day... poor baby.

Exausted from a long night, the present opening didn't even start at our house until almost noon.

Casey proceeded to throw up all day, inbetween unwrapping presents of course. She was a trooper about the whole thing, only missing the toilet a couple of times. I was able to be on-call Christmas night to take care of Casey and try to catch up on some much needed rest.

By the next day she was up to her self, twirling around in her princess dresses Santa brought her (thank you DI cause princess dresses are expensive).

I was back to work by Saturday, everything will hopefully get back to normal. I still have a little bit of break left from school to hopefully get the things done I need to before getting back to the school grind.

I hope your holidays were less eventful than ours!

2 comments:

Catrina said...

oh my gosh! i'm glad you are feeling better! My Christmas was definitely less eventful than yours! It's a good thing all of that happened during your break, or you would have been in trouble! Poor lady! I'll see you at work on Friday...hopefully!

Summer said...

Holy cow! I can't believe your holiday! YUCK! Poor all of you being sick! It sucks that you finally have time off and you spend it dealing with puke! No fun! Hope all is well with everyone!