Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree


I am a Christmas tree slacker! I was pouting because we didn't have it in our budget (can you call it a budget if you have no money?) Anyhoo.... I was pouting because last year we had a real tree for the first time since my childhood and I really wanted another one.






But I have kids so I did the right thing and I got out our old APARTMENT sized artificial tree and I put it up before work.




















All the lights are red because after some investigating by Chad ALL of our clear white lights were burned out. Weird, must have been a surge or something.



And the smell? Well I had a solution. It's not as good as the real thing but you do what you have to. It's "Christmas Tree" scent. LOL.



4 comments:

Krista said...

LOL...Becky I now am giving you mother of the year for real for being so innovative! I love the candle.

Verlynne said...

I think it is perfect! You do what you gotta do right? We have used an artifical tree for the last 11 years and guess where we got it? you betcha! It was in the garbage can at Sunroc and Ryan's dad (bless his heart) pulled it out for us! It works!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks cute!! Wierd on the red light thing though....

Love them Salt City Candles. At least you didn't spend a forture (that neither of us have) on a real tree. Ah, I'm such a sucker!

Peyton and Jayce said...

I cant see anything wrong with the fake trees and candle scents! It has worked for me for years- but I understand wanting a real tree- and the budget, or no budget! I sure hope you had a great christmas and we really missed you! Maybe we can come up woth a plan that will work better for all of us next year- Like maybe "Christmas and YOUR house!?!?"